Analyst - Full time
Frst is a seed-focused venture firm, designed for the most ambitious founders France has to offer. We write checks between €0,5m and €3m and help them transform audacity into reality.
Our 4 people team started investing 4 years ago (under the Otium Venture name) and we had the chance to seed startups such as Payfit, Doctrine and Owkin. We have just closed our second fund (€60m to date, will reach €80m soon) and are planning to do 30 investments in the next 4 years.
Your role in a snapshot
You will be part of our small and highly functioning investment team, with a core focus on opportunities sourcing and evaluation. You will be instrumental in our dealflow operations, treating inbound leads and making sure we meet with the French ecosystem's best founding teams by proactively sourcing them. You will most likely be surprised to hear about our secret sauce.
The partners desks are literally a few meters away (and they talk a lot !) and we want you to grow, so you will get a strong understanding of how deal making and companies work. The learning curve will be steep.
As for everyone in the team, you will also be requested to perpetually learn, think and share these thoughts with the world in various ways (Twitter, Medium, white papers…).
The role is based in Paris. Start date September 2019 - January 2020. Competitive package (salary + carried interest).
- Quickly evaluate and respond to a high volume of inbound investment opportunities
- Spot incredible teams before anyone else
- Help us execute world-class investment process (interaction with founders, investment thesis crafting, memo writing)
- Explore your interests and write thought pieces that could move the needle of the industry
Ideal candidate background
- [0-1] year of professional experience
- Fast-learner, we want you to grow
- Intense curiosity for technology, entrepreneurship and business mechanics
- Outstanding analytical skills, very comfortable with numbers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated and self-organized
- Proven appetite for excellence
- Fluency in French (French speaking environment)